Are you worried about the factory reset of your Asus laptop? Default settings improve the performance of most devices. Don’t get panic. We are discussing here “How To Factory Reset Asus Laptop. You can restore the operating system, if necessary if it is malfunctioning during this process. It is extremely important to erase the data on your PC in case you plan to sell it. By not doing so, the next person will be able to misuse the information on it.
How To Factory Reset Asus Laptop
There are many reasons why people may do so. In addition to removing the viruses, this process will also reboot your device if it has been damaged. Otherwise, someone could use the data next to it for malicious purposes.
How To Factory Reset Windows 10?
In short, Windows 10’s Reset feature will wipe your entire system clean of all the malware the computer manufacturer initially installed with it. You cannot back up your data with this feature. Therefore, you can use a disk partitioning tool to completely delete all the data from your Windows 10 hard drive if you wish to preserve the data.
- Go to “Settings” on your ASUS laptop.
- Click “Update & Security” and then “Recover”.
- There is a “Get Started” button underneath the “Reset this PC” option.
- Once you click on “Get Started,” a new window will appear,
- To factory reset your laptop, select the “Restore Factory Settings” option.
- You can then select the right choices on the screen based on the needs of your laptop. This situation presents two options to you. If you choose, you may leave all your sub promptSettingsone and only uninstall the drivers and applications that you downloaded. In any case, you can also start from scratch by removing everything.
- The Restore button will appear in the last prompt message. You can now reset your laptop factory settings by clicking the button.
Resetting Windows 7 ASUS Laptop
The device is insecure because Microsoft will not send more critical security updates. Therefore, upgrading to Windows 10 ahead of time is highly recommended.
- Go to the Start menu on your Windows 7 ASUS laptop.
- Go to the Control Panel and choose Programs and Features.
- You should select System & Security under View.
- Now choose category
- Back up your data and restore it if necessary.
- Find the option to “Recover your computer’s system settings” in the Recovery tab.
- Go ahead and click it.
- You can find advanced recovery methods by selecting the link.
- If you made a system image, you might choose to reinstall Windows using that image instead of an installation disc.
- When the prompt appears, select ‘Backup Now’ so you can create a backup of all important files.
- Press Restart to restart the computer. There is also the option of booting your computer with a USB flash drive and loading your preferred operating system. You should only use this function if you are an experienced user or have an excellent understanding of how your ASUS laptop works.
Then, you’ll have the option of performing the same steps again to repair Windows or reinstalling Windows 10. This will remove all data and programs on your hard disk, as well as personal data.
Factory Reset ASUS Laptop Using Prompt Command
In the case of a damaged recovery partition, you should send it back if the warranty still applies. A reset will be performed if there is no warranty option.
You can launch the laptop in Safe Mode by pressing Shift + Restart on the login page
- click the facility icon,
- hold down “Shift”
- Now click “Restart”).
Moreover, You can select troubleshoot after Windows restarts. You can choose advanced options from the Troubleshooting menu, then start-up settings. The laptop will restart in Safe Mode if you press 4 or F4.
You can open the Safe Mode sub prompt by typing cmd into the Run window or Start menu. Then press Enter after typing rstui.exe in a Command Prompt window. When this command is run, the System Restore wizard may open. You can reset your ASUS laptop using the steps listed below.
Factory Reset ASUS Laptop Using Default Reset Option.
You have the option of restoring factory settings and deciding whether to wipe the drive where Windows is installed or to erase all drives on the subsequent screen. In addition to that, You can then choose how you wish to clean the drive; you can either delete your files or delete files and clean the drive. If you see a reset button, click it to reload the screen.
- In the beginning menu, select settings.
- Under Settings, select Update & security, then click Start.
- Under Reset this PC, click Start.
- You can keep your files, remove everything, or restore factory settings on the following screen
Restart the laptop once the procedure is complete. Restoring ASUS laptops without a disk is often an effective method.
Reset Asus Laptop with Hidden Partition
If the ASUS laptop has already been turned on, start it or reboot it. Immediately after you see the ASUS logo, press F9, which allows access to the hidden partition. When you press F9, a window called Windows Boot Manager will appear. You should press Enter on that window.
Click on the “Next” button to choose your preferred language. You have three options if you choose to recover windows to only the first partition, the entire disk, or the entire disk with two partitions.
You will only remove the primary partition from the drive – the rest will remain intact. Choosing the opposite option wipes all partitions, whereas the third option will create two partitions, one of which will contain Windows. If you wish to confirm your selection, click next and recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a hard reset do?
Resetting a device to its original state is commonly called a “hard reset,” which also refers to a “factory reset” or “master reset”. There are no user-added settings, applications, or data. Soft resets simply mean restarting a device. A hard reset does the opposite.
Does factory reset delete everything laptop?
Formatting the hard drive before reinstalling the operating system does not remove all data, nor does simply restoring the OS to factory setting. Using secure-erase software is the only way to completely erase a drive.
The team of the brand company Laptopsadviser has summed up the most confusing and annoying topic “How To Factory Reset Asus Laptop.” Additionally, you can engage in a Do It Yourself factory reset if you purchase the Asus laptop from an online source. Using one of the methods after another until you succeed is not complicated, as long as you try one after another. Or you can choose PassFab 4WinKey to reset the password on your Asus laptop without much difficulty. Windows OS versions are highly compatible with it, making it easy to use. If you are still hesitant, put your query in the comment sections.